International Project Manager in Media/TV Production
(2.5 days a week or full-time / working from our Bucharest office)
Who We Are
Filming in Romania is a newly-created production house aiming to support foreign TV producers, journalists and commercial crews on assignment in Romania.
We offer hyper-local help to international media companies through English-speaking Romanian professionals.
How it works: say the BBC is doing a documentary on Romanian shepherds and a BBC London team is coming to Romania. We would offer the local assistance: a designated person to help with production, find contributors, hire crew, sort logistics, help with post-production.
The company operates under the Fixer Romania brand which has been active for the past six years and facilitated content production in the country for platforms such as BBC, Netflix, Youtube, Discovery Channel, History, Channel 4 UK, NHK Japan, Al Arabiya & many others.
We are now offering the service to several other countries (Poland, Hungary, Croatia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Georgia, Moldova) and looking to expand to other territories, hence the new hire.
The Person We Are Looking For
– Is fluent in written and spoken English
– Has a good understanding of the TV/media production industry or journalism
– Has a thorough understanding of SEO and/or Google Analytics and/or Google Ads
– Keeps timelines, deadlines and Excel spreadsheets
– Knows how to create and keep a timeline in Excel for project management
– Manage the creation of several websites aimed to attract and provide info to international producers and journalists. This is done in coordination with web designers, content writers and other online specialists.
– Help expanding our international production network by contacting potential collaborators in other countries.
– Help with admin tasks such as payments and document submissions.
– Support our production effort (organizing teams, doing calls, sorting new hires – all project-based).
What We Are Offering
– The chance to work in the media industry internationally
– A net compensation of 2,000 RON monthly for 2.5 days a week/negotiable for full-time (working from the Bucharest office/this is not work from home)
– 6 weeks paid probation/6 months contract which can potentially extend indefinitely
Please send your résumé or a couple of lines about your professional background to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please do not apply if you are not fluent in English as this ability will be tested at the job interview
* This role is not necessarily for journalists/filmmakers – we are looking for people with a passion for media and thorough project management and organizational skills